- Thoroughly stir the paint before starting
- Always work your way down, starting with the ceilings first
- Choose the best quality paint brushes and paint you can afford
- Paint in manageable patches to ensure you're not going back over paint that's started to dry already.
- Tie up/cover your hair unless you want paint speckles that don't wash out once dried.
- Use a cheap masking tape. Buy proper painter's masking tape that won't remove the paint or chunks of plaster when you pull it off
- Overload your roller or brushes with paint
- Stir paint with a brush
- Try to paint over crumbly surfaces you will just get ugly lumps in your paint